Thursday, November 10, 2011

D'OH!

Keystone Pipline Temporarily Shut Down After Power Outage

After I heard this on the radio my culminating thought was "HA! Knew it!"

Again, I am uniquely qualified to reassure Trans Canada that power outages do happen a lot. Having gone through a snow storm that took out our power for a week, having to utilize the Red Cross Shelter so our kids could at least get a hot meal (Raman Noodles) and fleeing the area for a couple of days to an empty rental house of a relative, I am well aware of the limitations of the power grid.

During our run, I didn't have my camera with me. The last two pictures are to show examples of what we saw on the road.

My Picture^


A lot of the towers were bent over like this. The weight of the ice on the line plus the weight on the structure bent them like aluminum foil.

So, yeah, a lot of issues going on. Put that on top of the Sand Hills and your just asking for trouble.



No comments:

Post a Comment