Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Singing in the ...quilt?

I'm not all about the kids. They are more interesting than me but that could just be a mom's natural opinion.

My sister is about to become a grandma for the first time. She has two kids and the oldest doesn't look like she's going to have kids, ever.

I've been making receiving blankets and a shoulder burp thing for the niece. I tried to do binding on a quilt but it's not going well. I've never done binding before. I was pretty proud of my first try at it until I saw the other side of the blanket. It went along a nice line and suddenly started veering north, if you know what I mean. Now I understand what the "no cuss" method I found on You Tube was really talking about.

I took out my seam ripper and started ripping that out. Now the binding sets waiting, about 1/4 done. My hands are singing from the delicate work. I used to work at an embroidery shop. A little place, me being the only constant employee besides the owner. It was the first job I had since being a stay at home mom for 13 years, that's another post. My hands got some mean ass numb from doing that job. Sometimes it's worse, sometimes it's better. Sewing always bring out the worse.

Edit: Finishing came down to a time crunch. I took the first method and threw it out. I ironed and pinned the second binding and sewed like the wind. Worked the first time! Yeah! I didn't know the sex of the baby when I made these so I tried to be as gender neutral as possible. The cloth was given to me from my mom in law, much appreciated. I don't think I would have got done on time other wise. Daily waiting on this kid, heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment